Friday, June 22, 2012

Making Business Travel Better


I have to travel a fair bit in my line of work and one of the things that really infuriates me is when flights are delayed. It is especially annoying when I have to make a connecting flight, or when the same flight is delayed over and over again. I actually didn't realize until recently that particular flight numbers are more prone to delays than others. I am always booking my flights at the last minute, so it's not that common for me to be on the same flight on a weekly basis. However, I recently discovered an online flight status tool and it led me to some interesting conclusions.

As well as allowing me to check the status of a flight to see if it is delayed or not, I can look at a flight's history. I gathered up a pile of my old flight details and ran them through the tool. It emerged that almost every time I had experienced more than minor delays it was on a particular flight number on a Tuesday morning. Now that I know that this flight is prone to longer delays, I have kept note of the flight number and departure time, and I am making sure I do not book onto that flight in future! Funnily enough, there is a flight that leaves an hour later with a different airline which is almost always on time! I'll stick with those guys from now on.

I have also forwarded a link to the tool to my wife and my secretary, so that they can check my arrival times in order to pick me up or rearrange my schedule as necessary. I just wish I had found out about the status checker sooner, it would have made my life so much easier!



No comments:

Post a Comment